Dear friend,
As soon as I got certified as a coach, in March 2015, I told myself I was going to start a podcast.
And then I just…didn’t.
For YEARS.
I had all sorts of “reasons” (read: excuses).
I didn’t know how (to operate a microphone and a computer?).
I wouldn’t know what to say (as if I didn’t talk about my thoughts all the time anyway).
It would be expensive (talk about penny-wise, pound-foolish since I was missing hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in new client sign-ups by NOT doing it).
But the truth was, I was just overwhelmed by needing to start - and afraid of what it would feel like if I failed.
It wasn’t until I attended a weekend coaching retreat that was part of my Master Coach Certification that I got the kick-in-the-butt I needed to get going.
Over those 48 hours I got coached on my mindset blocks.
And then, crucially, I had to get to work right then and there.
The next day I got coached again.
And got right back down to work a second time.
By the end of the weekend, I had my first 3 podcast scripts drafted and I’d hired a podcast editor and gotten a list of equipment from him to order.
The rest is history. As soon as my podcast launched, my 1:1 business blew up, and I had so much demand I transitioned to group programs six months later.
None of that was theoretically impossible to do on my own.
But in reality it had been impossible for me to do without the coaching, support, and frankly the body-doubling of being in a room with time carved out to get it done and the accountability of having to report back to the group what I’d accomplished.
So if you’re stuck on something in your business or your life, I want you to know there’s no shame in needing a little extra support to get moving.
Sometimes coaching on a zoom call for a few minutes isn’t enough to get us through a block.
We need to get out of our every-day, change it up, and put ourselves in an environment designed to help us level up.
If you’re stuck on something that you suspect would unlock the next level for you if you could just get it done…
Or you feel stuck because you’re not even sure where to start or what would make the biggest impact for you…
Or if you’re not stuck, but you can’t seem to find the time to work on a big-picture goal or next level steps in your day-to-day life…
Then I want you to come join me for my brand new Get It Done Workshop (with apologies to David Allen!).
This is a small workshop I’m teaching live in-person in NYC October 8-9.
You can learn all about it - and the insane bonus we’re offering only for the first 72 hours (sneak peek: and entire EXTRA day free with me) - right here.
P.S. I wrote these emails myself so it’s entirely possible I left out something you need to know to make a decision. 😂 If so, just hit reply and my team will help you out!
No comments:
Post a Comment