Dear friend,
I was a little girl with a lot of feelings and opinions, and I learned fast that it wasn’t a good quality.
Too picky. Too dramatic. Too sensitive.
So I got quiet. I asked for less. I said “sure, no problem” more, and somewhere along the way I lost sight of what I even wanted.
It's not that important. I don't really need it. It's too much to ask for. I’m not worth it...
I tried to outrun that voice. Yale, Harvard, a clerkship, a think tank. Every stamp of approval I could collect. If anyone should have felt entitled to ask for what she wanted, it was me.
I’m telling you this story because chances are, this feels familiar.
A child taught their wants don’t matter becomes a woman who doesn’t want to be too much.
After 15 years of therapy, I knew exactly where the voice came from. I could have drawn you a diagram as I mapped the patterns of my life.
And it didn't actually help me ask for what I wanted or voice my opinions.
👉 Because understanding a pattern doesn't actually change it.
We can know exactly what we want to say, have it written down, word for word, reasonable and fair and true — and still NOT be able to speak up for ourselves, tell the truth about how we feel, and ask for what we want.
Instead, we hang our heads. We tell ourselves it’s not a big deal. We get smaller and quieter.
And the more times we do that, the harder it gets to break that habit.
This is not a character flaw. And it’s nothing to be ashamed of, either.
We have been conditioned to minimize our needs, desires, thoughts, and opinions to accommodate for everyone else since we were born. So by the time we’re adults, we don’t believe we deserve the raise, the help, the respect…
And I’m calling bullshit on that programming.
We're going to start creating neural pathways by taking action: asking for what we want, telling the truth about how we feel, and practicing new thoughts along the way.
So we can actually get what we want out of our careers, partnership, family, friends, love, and life.
So consider this your official invitation to…
| Your Invitation |
| SPEAK UP! |
| A live coaching program where you'll identify where you've been biting your tongue (and why), prove those reasons wrong in real time, and start speaking up for what you want. |
10 weeks starting Oct 5, 2026
with Kara Loewentheil |
|
|
|
|
|
In the span of ten weeks, we’re going to prove your self-doubts, criticism, and obstacles wrong, one decisive (and accountable) action at a time. Live-coaching, coursework, a community space, and the option to add on private sessions with one of my coaches.
👉 By the time you’re finished this program, you’ll be able to ask for what you want and tell the truth about how you feel, to anyone.
💥72 HOUR BONUS 💥
I’m also throwing in a bonus if you claim your seat in the next 72 hours.
BRAND NEW: Emotional Regulation First-Aid Mini-Course (valued at $349)
Learning to speak up can stir up a lot. This mini-course includes audio lessons and worksheets that will walk you through a three-step process you can use any time you're feeling anxious or dysregulated, so you can speak up no matter how scary doing so may feel at times. Enroll by September 28, and it's yours!
friend, it’s time to move from “why do I feel like this” to “it’s time to do something about it”.
See you inside,
PS – If you don’t want to receive emails about Speak Up!, feel free to click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment